My Journey to Motherhood


I think at one point in my early life, I imagined that I would get married, have babies, live in the house with the white picket fence, and the sweet smell of freshly baked bread would waft from our home. Huh? Oh, how naivety is bliss!

My journey to becoming a Mom definately wasn't as easy as it was in my mind. Ten years of infertility, and enough in-vitro treatments that I lost count. At the time, it was all consuming as some may have experienced, or if not, you can imagine.

However, now I can look back on this experience and understand that although it was painful, it has given me the gift of gratitude, of joy, of love in the simplest purest form. I think it taught me to be more patient, more understanding, more empathetic. It also made me see a strength in myself that I might not have seen had we not gone through those challenges.

My life changed the moment that our little baby was born.

As I was chatting with someone today, I mentioned that that the experiences we go through make us who we are. Had I not gone through so much work to have our baby, I might not have enjoyed every single minute with Cailin through her early months and years, I might not have soaked up every smile, every giggle, every moment that I had with her and continue to, that I will carry in my heart forever.

That joy led me to create Peekaboo Beans, to create a product that focsued on play. To allow Cailin to play in comfort, in style and to empower her with all the life skills that play offers.

The world cannot be a better place if we do not take care of other families as well as our own, so I share Peekaboo Beans with you and all the joy that it brings your children. How it allows children to feel great, to feel special, to feel youthful and fun, to be COMFORTABLE, such a simple yet fundamental part of childhood.

I feel blessed for the challenges that have been presented to me in my life. They continually highlight what is important and what I am grateful for.

This week at Peekaboo Beans we celebrate you, Mommy. Mommies have a natural gift for making things better, for singing sorrows away, for kissing away "owies", for celebrating the big things and the little things, for understanding what your children need, for raising them in love and making a safe and fun environment for them to grow up in.

I am grateful to you all - because this is the world that my children will grow up in and their children will grow up in, and if they can meet your babies along the way, they can all work to make the world a better place together.

Don't forget to enter our contest this week - tell us your funniest "mommy brain" moment. Come on we have all had them!! Share and send us a laugh, you could win a delightful and blissful spa experience to take a bit of time for you!

You deserve it!

1 comment:

Some kind of Mom said...

Traci was a heartfelt and authentic voice you have. Beautifully written post! I'm happy to share in your vision!